Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Day 7-12 of Project 365!

How do I even start this post? I was sort of dreading it, knowing how large it would be and considering how much thought I would actually have to put into this particular post. First and foremost, let me say that I am completely inspired by Elizabeth Gilbert's "Eat, Pray, Love". Even if you have seen the movie, please do yourself a favor and read the book. And quite frankly, anyone that can write a WHOLE book, and keep me interested the ENTIRE time, should have a standing ovation. Seriously, if I did not have children, I would be this woman, and my life story would be this book. Instead my story is a modified version with children but the same base line. I wanted to share  a few things that I thought was interesting in the first half of the book, but first a picture for Day 7, where I did most of my reading.

_DSC0184.jpg

Yes, this is me in the Atlanta Airport. YES, I did want to take many pictures of this abnormally large airport and its abnormally fast Tram. However, we were at a level orange for security and I didn't want anyone thinking "I" was the terrorist. So, I snapped one quick one as I read my wonderful new book. Here are a few of my favorite quotes:
"Desperate love is always the toughest way to do it. Its exactly the same way a cartoon circus  performer  dives off a high platform, and into a small cup of water, vanishing completely." (This was me.)
Because after all, "How could two people who were so in love NOT end up happily ever after?"
Elizabeth and I share the same philosophy on depression:
"What is the root of ALL this despair? Was it psychological (mom and dads fault)? Was it a bad time in my life? Was it genetic? Was it cultural? Was it astrological? (being a thin-skinned cancer) Was it artistic? (don't creative people always suffer from depression because we are so super sensitive and special) Was it Karmic? (Did I do something wrong in a previous life?) Was it hormonal, dietary, seasonal, environmental, or did I just have a chemical imbalance?"
"What a large number of factors constitute a single human being."
I was taken back by a building that she took interest in. I would like to be thought of in this way.
"The Augusteum is like a person who's led a totally crazy life - who maybe started out as a housewife, then unexpectedly became a widow, then took up fan dancing to make money, ended up somehow as the first female dentist in outer space - yet who has managed to hold an intact sense of herself throughout the whole upheaval."
Elizabeth's friend also taught us both that "a true soul mate is a mirror, the person that shows you everything that's holding you back, the person that brings you to your own attention so you can change your life. A true soul mate is probably the most important person you'll ever meet, because they tear down your walls and smack you awake. But to live with your soul mate forever? Nah too painful." (This was me and mine also)
The most important yet was this:
If you clear out all the space in your mind that your using right now to obsess about this guy, a doorway will appear, and GOD will rush in and fill your life with more love then you have ever dreamed."


Now to day 8, my lovely NEW vehicle:


_DSC0187.jpg


Day 9 was mostly driving from North Carolina to Atlanta. I wanted to take pictures of the mountains, which we DO NOT have in Louisiana, but it was so cold, I couldn't stop shaking. I did have a lot of time to think which I will post my thoughts at the very end. When I finally stopped in Atlanta, I checked in to the best hotel ever (they gave me a free snack) and slept, for a while!!

_DSC0202.jpg

Day 10 I drove to an old cemetery in Mississippi. Here is where I will also post my days 11 and 12.

_DSC0238.jpg

_DSC0257.jpg

_DSC0261.jpg

Apparently the King and Queen of the Gypsies were buried there. I was so taken away by the beauty of the place that I didn't even notice. The town also had these little carousel horses posted throughout the city.

_DSC0269.jpg

_DSC0289.jpg

_DSC0282.jpg

And that concludes the pictures of my trip. Sorry I thought I would have more. I did however, learn some things on the trip:
1. There is a city named "Newborn" in Georgia.
2. There is a creek in the city of Newborn named "Hard Labor". (No I am not joking.)
3. Apparently North Carolina and South Carolina have GLITTER pavement or concrete on their highways.
4. I don't and never have liked country music. Except when a female sings it. When a man sings it, he is whining. When a female sings it, she either a) sounds strong, or b) is telling the truth. i.e. Carrie Underwood.
5. Being a writer is hard. It takes many adjectives. My memory is not good enough to remember them all, however I can think of them ALL day long, and then forget then when I try to write them down.
6. I am NO Elizabeth Gilbert. I am totally obsessed with her book at this moment in time.
7. Random music makes me smile and I can listen to it OVER, and OVER and OVER. i.e. "Oh, oh Sheila, let me love you till the morning comes." OR "I am the warrior." Both 80's songs I believe.
And that was my trip! Hope you enjoyed!
Love always,

Kristin Grace


  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment