Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Days 2 and 4 of Project 365!

As I was looking over my blog post, I noticed that I somehow missed day number 2 in my Project 365. I laugh at myself that (because I knew this was going to happen), but mainly because I am surprised that I did it this early on. So here is my Day Number 2:

_DSC0022.jpg

I got a lot of grief for this picture. It was New Years and my Nikon was MY date! Yes this is me kissing my Nikon on New Years Eve. AND it was the first time I got to get dressed up in a while. Quite frankly with a new haircut, I was feeling pretty snazzy. So regardless what anyone thinks, I like it! So there it is day 2! =)

Now I will skip to day 4, as you can see, I have already done day 3. Oops. This post is probably going to be long, so get a drink and pull up a chair.

In September, we lost my children's father. He was 32. We had finalized our divorce in July. We had been arguing most of the past year that we had been separated but over the last month, we accepted things and became friends again. So, when it did happen I didn't know what to think or how to feel. I also lost my job that same month so yeah, GREAT month. Luckily, I had an amazing boyfriend that helped me get through it all. He was there for me and my boys in every sense of the word. A few months before this, I was intrigued with a couple talented friends' photography. I thought to myself, "I could do that." I did not, however, want to step on anyone's toes, being that there were SO many aspiring photographers in this area. By October, I decided I WAS going to do it. I finally saved enough money with help from said special boyfriend to buy my first Nikon. I fell in LOVE. I can't even believe I have only been doing this for three months. With all the losses (car, loved ones, income), I found something else, inspiration in life, love and my children. I then started a fast growing business. In November, I rented the movie "Eat, Pray, Love." It was life changing. I learned so much and know that I still have so much more to learn. Said boyfriend and I are not together, however, he is my BEST friend. I wish all the luck and love that is possible for him. He doesn't know it, but he is amazing. It was, however, time for me to let him go and see how great he could be. Next on my to-do list was to get a vehicle. I missed my brand new Honda Accord, but I knew I needed something affordable and roomy for photography props and equipment. I kept praying daily and was re-assured that everything was going to be OK. I truly believe everything happens for a reason. That there are actually living angels to help you through life. One of those angels live in North Carolina. I am actually flying to NC Friday afternoon to get a vehicle. An 05 Ford Escape. I don't even know the color. It doesn't matter. I am taking over the notes with pleasure. I don't even think this person knows what they have done for me and my children. This person will surely be blessed for good deeds. This said angel (knowing I love photography) even planned an 18 hour road trip home, complete with stops for photo opts along the way. I also went out and bought a book for my journey. Hopefully there will be PLENTY of pictures to come. I am so blessed. You have NO idea. 

Day 4 Picture:
   
_DSC0006.jpg

I will post my Day 5 later on today, being that today is January 5th. Thanks again for all the support and love!
Love always,

Kristin Grace


3 comments:

  1. WOW! What an amazing & life filled year. And to come out on top looking at it with fresh eyes and ready to tackle the world with your passion. Pure admiration my friend, pure admiration.

    Wishing you much joy, laughter, growth & peace on this journey you are on. I love life to pieces and drink it up every chance I get. My babies let me taste life twice everyday.
    How's the car?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much, people like you inspire me! The car is great! See the newest post! At this point I would have been happy with a PINTO! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Found you through I heart faces--- I just read your blog about watching Eat, Pray, Love. I am watching that NOW! However, I'm not paying too much attention to it since i am reading blogs :) So maybe I'll re start it tonight once the kids go to bed.

    I wish you the best of luck in your photography journey! I am working on building my portfolio and when the time is right, I will start up my own business. My portfolio blog is www.kristenvest.blogspot.com and my other blog is www.vestchapters.blogspot.com. I'd love to have you as a follower! And I will be adding you to my list :)

    ReplyDelete